A chat with Justine Sones
In this week’s episode, I am chatting with Justine Sones, a writer, stress management coach, and mom of two. Justine has made it her mission to help women business owners do work that matters, and build a life that supports them instead of stressing them out. Coming from a background in massage therapy, she understands the power of self-care, setting healthy boundaries, and creatively solving problems.
She shares her own journey with self-care and how it looks like for her now, as a mom and a businesswoman. We talk about self-care during the pandemic, which is more about leaning into the discomfort and embracing the growth of it. Truly taking care of self.
It was such an awesome conversation, you’ll love it!
What You Will Learn:
- [2:20] Get to know Justine Sones – the mom, the writer, and the coach!
- [3:59] The importance of self-care to handle covid stress.
- [7:02] How self-care has shifted during the pandemic from what it was pre-pandemic.
- [10:16] Be intentional about self-care by being honest and meeting yourself where you are.
- [19:35] Learn to be in tune with what you need to protect yourself from unnecessary stress.
- [22:51] How to set boundaries and communicate them to your children as a mom.
- [29:43] Justine’s transition from a massage therapist to a virtual assistant to a self-care coach.
- [34:08] How she runs group coaching programs plus their benefits over one-on-one settings.
- [36:43] How to start listening to your feelings to learn how to set boundaries.
- [40:06] She explains how her meaning of balance has changed over time.
- [41:02] The two types of self-care Justine uses to release stress and express herself.
- [43:11] How motherhood taught her to it with herself.
- Join Justine’s Email List: Bit.ly/thefridayfeels
- Website: https://www.justinesones.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justinesones/
Justine Sones is a writer and stress management coach who loves drinking coffee, helping burnt-out humans set boundaries, and talking about things that hurt. During her career as a massage therapist, Justine’s practice was dedicated to exploring the roles that stress, pain, and relaxation play in healing the physical body. She came to realize that the support her clients needed required more than a massage, and made it her mission to help them. Justine now spends her time writing about feelings and coaching other over-functioning humans develop healthy boundaries and practice sustainable self-care as they navigate the messy intersections of partnering, parenting, -preneuring, and pandemicking.