Dying to be a good mother:
A chat with Heather Chauvin
What You Will Learn:
- [2:34] Get to know Heather and her evolution journey to become who she is today.
- [7:34] Understanding that parenting is a relationship where you have to figure things out together.
- [14:31] Learning to become who you need to be as a mom and yourself without striving for perfection.
- [27:19] How to be self-aware and pay attention to what makes you feel good without burnout.
- [31:45] Understanding what you want and sitting in it without overanalyzing the situation.
- [33:52] Heather on how she balances her weeks according to how she feels and wants.
- [36:30] How to stick up for yourself in any relationship to be successful without feeling burnout.
- [39:50] How Heather defines self-care as setting boundaries and as self-respect.
- [42:11] How being a mom has taught Heather not to take anything personally.
Heather Chauvin is a leadership coach who helps ambitious, overwhelmed women conquer their fears and become leaders at work and home.
Drawing from her professional experience as a social worker and her life experience raising three boys, Heather created a signature approach to help her clients create and enjoy sustainability, profitability and ease in business and life.
She is the host of the Mom Is In Control Podcast where she reveals her most vulnerable truths about womanhood, marriage, parenting, living through stage 4 cancer and running a successful business without burning out. She released her first book, Dying To Be A Good Mother in 2021.
When Heather isn’t busy driving her boys to hockey practice, you can find her curled up on the couch next to her husband, planning their next family adventure.
Connect with Heather:
- Website: http://heatherchauvin.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/heatherchauvin_/
- Book: Dying to Be A Good Mother