Sobriety as a superpower:
A chat with Emily Tomlinson
In this week’s episode, I am chatting with Emily Tomlinson, sober mom, and Epidermolysis Bullosa advocate. We talk about overcoming drug and alcohol addiction, finding healing, and being a mom to a special son living with epidermolysis bullosa. Emily shares about her struggles with alcohol and drug addiction since the age of 13; and her journey to becoming sober at the age of 30. She became sober just over a year before she became pregnant with her son Nash. And even though she wasn’t prepared for it, she embraced and became strong for her son and his needs.
Emily has been sober for 7 years and loves being the mom her son needs. Sobriety truly is her superpower. She’s passionate about helping other women struggling with addiction heal and become who they’re meant to be.
Listen in to hear this incredibly inspiring story about healing and finding oneself!
What You Will Learn:
- [1:26] Get to know Emily, the sober mom!
- [3:56] Emily’s alcohol struggles plus her spiritual awakening.
- [8:24] She explains when she discovered she was an addict and started her healing journey.
- [15:11] When Emily became a mother to Nash who suffers from epidermolysis bullosa.
- [20:14] How she redirected her stress from needing alcohol to finding solutions in attending meetings.
- [23:33] How to be sober in social circles as a mom struggling with alcohol.
- [27:18] How she has learned to be the mother that her son Nash needs her to be.
- [29:26] Nash’s efforts to break the barriers and not letting his condition stop him.
- [31:42] The importance of reaching to get help as a struggling alcoholic and drug addict.
- [36:26] The power of sharing your story to help women understand they’re not alone.
- [37:18] How Emily sets her intentions in the morning to balance her life.
- [38:59] She describes her self-care activities that fill her cup.
- [40:22] Why you don’t have to drink just because you’re a mom.
Sober, single Mama of a brave butterfly boy, who survives motherhood and the worst disease you have never heard of, without getting loaded!