5 Tips to Help With Your Health Goals
Keeping up with your weight loss goals can be hard to do when you are busy mom. There are some simple ideas you can try to help you accomplish your goals. It doesn’t have to be hard or complicated. In fact it might be easier than you think with a few adjustments to what you are already doing.
Here Are the Top 5 Ideas To Help You In Your Efforts
- Drink lots of water. While this sounds easy enough, people often forget to drink water. Only realizing they haven’t had any water when they feel thirsty. At this point you are dehydrated. So make sure to pour yourself a glass of water as often as you can during the day.
Water has a ton of health benefits. Not only does it fill you up so you don’t over eat, but it also flushes out your body to keep it functioning smoothly.
- Use a smaller plate. By using a smaller plate you are not able to put as much food on it. Doing this will eliminate calories from each meal. Don’t over fill the plate to compensate though. Stick with portion sizes.
- Make healthy snacks as easy as possible. Buy or make snack packs of fruits, vegetables or nuts ahead of time. Keep them in the fridge, kitchen drawers, your purse or even your car. That way you’ll have a healthy alternative to stopping and buying a bag of candy or chips.
- Get your family involved in your exercise routine. Tell your children you want to walk nightly – they will remember. Then remind you each night that you want to walk. You won’t be able to talk yourself out of the exercise as easily.
Telling your family helps in a couple of ways. They can be your support system when the going gets tough, plus they can exercise with you. Getting them to exercise with you will be determined by their age and how active they are. A small child will be more apt to go on bike rides or walks daily. A teenager you might have to convince to go with you – okay bribe!
- Start small and don’t expect overnight success. Unfortunately we live in a society where we want instant gratification. When it comes to living a healthy lifestyle these changes cannot occur overnight. Make progress every day and pretty soon you’ll discover that those small habits don’t feel like habits anymore, but part of your life.
By implementing these five tips and changing them into habits you’ll be much more successful in your efforts against getting rid of those extra pounds. Some of the suggestions might be easier than others, but all of them will make a huge impact on your life.
In a world with so many things to do, kids to manage and pandemics to worry about—just kidding, thank god there’s only one of those right now—let’s find one thing to count on that will help you focus on yourself when things are tough.
Building resilience: Six steps to feeling better right now I wrote a post and recorded an episode back in December about eight lessons I learned in 2019. Already, just over three months into 2020 and I feel I have learned a heck of a lot more. This is a weird time we...
Eight life lessons I learned this year This has been a big year. Truth be told it didn't feel big for most of the time, because I was doing things I truly enjoyed, but when I take a moment to stop and look back, a LOT happened this year. In addition to momming,...