The Benefits of Working Out at Home
At home workouts are an awesome way to establish a workout routine and eliminate your excuses. There are a ton of reasons why this will change your life, but here are nine that top the list:
- It’s closer, (duh). No driving, which you can absolutely say you’re doing to save the environment, but really it’s a HUGE time saver.
- Fewer excuses. You can literally roll out of bed, throw on your gear and you’re there. You can’t exactly say you don’t have time, the gym was closed for renos, the class was too full, you didn’t have your pass…
- No one judging your ability. Well, except for maybe your kids, but you can get over that. Your kids will be inspired seeing you do something for your health.
- It’s cheaper. There are a ton of free options and apps, or you can try out the awesome streaming platform Beachbody on Demand that gives you a year’s access to every fitness program Beachbody has ever produced for just $99. Think P90X, 21 Day Fix, TurboFire, Focus T25, Insanity, LIIFT4. You get ALL of them in one platform.
- You can do it anywhere, even your backyard. You can workout in your home office, in your bedroom or in the living room. It can be on the TV, a laptop, a smartphone or tablet.
- Variety. You can switch it up every day if you want to, picking a different workout each day if you’re not following a specific program at the time.
- Your space, your equipment. You never have to break your routine because you’re waiting for a machine, or have someone put their mat down too close to yours. They’re your weights, it’s your mat, it’s your space the way you like it.
- It’s on your schedule. You don’t have to worry about gym hours or class times, or it being to dark to head out for a run. You pick when you work out, for when works best with your life and your schedule.
- You can wear what you want. You can wear a sports bra if you feel like it and don’t get self conscious. Heck, you could work out in your pyjamas or buck naked and there’s no one to care. Maybe you wouldn’t do that, but that’s not the point…you could.
Are you ready to give it a try?
Building resilience: Six steps to feeling better right now I wrote a post and recorded an episode back in December about eight lessons I learned in 2019. Already, just over three months into 2020 and I feel I have learned a heck of a lot more. This is a weird time we...
Eight life lessons I learned this year This has been a big year. Truth be told it didn't feel big for most of the time, because I was doing things I truly enjoyed, but when I take a moment to stop and look back, a LOT happened this year. In addition to momming,...
The Six R's of Recovery ModeHave you ever had it happen that you finally get away for a much needed vacation, and you immediately get sick? It's like you've been running on adrenaline and the second you even think about relaxing, the germs attack. It's your body's way...