Learning to work and school from home: A chat with Tara Cooper
Working at home while parenting AND trying to facilitate online learning is a huge juggling act. It’s so new for most of us, and I don’t know about you, but I basically feel like I’m failing in ALL the areas. In today’s episode I chat with Tara Cooper from Dancing with Chopsticks, about her best tips on how to work from home AND school from home in this challenging time. Tara is a long-time homeschooler at the same time as working from home, and is passionate about helping moms calm the chaos and lead our kids through this challenging season. She shares their family practices that prioritize listening over telling, and opening up space for each family member.
Tara has some fabulous advice and a very reassuring outlook, and I so appreciate her coming on the show to share her gifts.
I’ll bring strategies and support to help you:
- Calm the chaos
- Lead your kids through this season
- Help you keep up with work
1. Using a Learning Box – a great tool for pre-school – middle school to calm the chaos, get them organized, and guide them to independence.
2. My Top 3 Tips for Coworking with the Kids – things like using music 🎶 🎧 as an auditory cue it’s work time, and to create an environment of focus and calm.
3. Creating Space for Connection – How we use a Family Journal and our Big 3 to create space for communicating expectations, and more. You can get a downloadable version of the journal, too!
4. And even my full Work + School From Home Guide – A free resource and email support through this season. The guide includes printable schedules, a Family Journal, and What to Teach: Ideas to Spark Curiosity. A resource that can be used to supplement what your child’s school is sending, or get you started if you’re on your own.
Find me on FB and IG @dancingwithchopsticks.