Establishing healthy sleep habits for children:
A chat with Eva Klein
In this week’s episode, I am chatting with Eva Klein. She’s a certified infant and child sleep consultant and is the founder of My Sleeping Baby and the Sleep Bible program. Eva shares how she experienced debilitating effects of chronic sleep deprivation when her now 7-year-old daughter was a baby. Her experience prompted her to get a sleep consultant certification during her maternity leave, and started a business where she helps parents establish healthy sleep habits for their children.
She shares some awesome techniques you can use with your child to help them build better sleeping habits, and in turn, allow you to sleep better. We also discuss the importance of self-care and adequate sleep for moms to help you show up at your best.
This episode is super rich with information – Eva doesn’t hold back!
What You Will Learn:
- [2:18] Get to know Eva Klein – the sleep consultant and mom!
- [6:03] Eva’s sleep bible online program and how it supports moms.
- [7:49] How to handle a toddler sleeping while still handling a newborn sleeping.
- [10:00] The precautions to take to prevent your toddler from climbing out of a crib.
- [15:17] The sleep techniques to use with toddlers and preschoolers sleeping alone.
- [19:45] The importance of addressing other puzzle pieces to work with a sleeping plan.
- [25:18] How to give your overthinker child a built-in outlet so they can wind up before sleeping.
- [37:06] The importance of having a bedtime routine for you and your children.
- [40:52] How to prioritize yourself and your sleep as a mom for yourself and your kids.
- [56:12] The impacts of sleep deprivation on different aspects of your life.
- [57:10] Eva defines balance as making it work with her family.
- [1:00:47] How her self-care means creating a life she doesn’t want to run away from.
- [1:04:28] The importance of help and sleep as a mom to do it all.
Connect with Eva:
Eva is a Certified Infant and Child Sleep Consultant and is the founder of My Sleeping Baby and the Sleep Bible program.
Eva’s main goal is to help her clients establish healthy sleep habits for their children. After experiencing the debilitating effects of chronic sleep deprivation from her middle child, Eva was inspired to help families overcome their sleep challenges. Eva truly empathizes with her clients’ sleep troubles and personally invests herself in their sleep journey.
In addition to completing her sleep consulting certification, she is a member of the Association of Professional Sleep Consultants and she completed the 2016 Infant Mental Health Community Training through the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. Eva also has her Bachelor of Arts from York University and her law degree from the University of Western Ontario.
Eva is a proud wife and mother of two girls and a boy (who are all great sleepers) and lives with her family in Toronto. She provides individual sleep consultations, facilitates group seminars and runs an online sleep program and community called the Sleep Bible.