Emotional intelligence in the home:
A chat with Kerstin Kirchsteiger
In this week’s episode, I am chatting with Kerstin Kirchsteiger. Kerstin is an emotional intelligence coach, family culture expert, and podcast host. She helps people reach their leadership potential through Emotional Intelligence coaching, and we chat about how the same principles she teaches individuals can have a huge impact for families. Kerstin shares how her own life wasn’t matching the vision she had for her family, and how she decided to follow her heart, work through the risks, and make that vision a reality. She explains the importance of family meetings as a way to help your kids, and you as the parent, learn new emotional intelligence skills and work together towards common family goals.
If you want to increase your own self-awareness, and learn how to bring emotional intelligence into your parenting, you don’t want to miss this episode!
What You Will Learn:
- [0:21] Get to know Kerstin – her career and mom journey.
- [6:07] The freedom she found homeschooling and finding a job that fit her family vision.
- [9:36] Definition of emotional intelligence and its benefits in society today.
- [14:38] How to be emotionally intelligent as a parent and mirror that to your children.
- [17:28] Learning how to react in triggering situations as a parent.
- [18:40] The process of learning how to be emotionally intelligent and be a leader in your home.
- [24:03] How to allow your kids to learn new skills and give their voice in matters that involve them.
- [28:10] Kerstin on how her family works in routines and rhythms to be fluid in work and life.
- [31:07] She explains the different ways she takes time for her self-care.
- [32:39] She describes how motherhood helped her step into her power as a woman.
- Website: https://www.kerstinkirchsteiger.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kerstin_kirchsteiger/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kkirchsteiger